2020 Pedal for Purpose Virtual Challenge Event
Virtual Challenge Details
Bicycles for Humanity Melbourne is excited (wheely pumped) to be launching our annual fundraiser for 2020 the Pedal for Purpose Virtual Challenge.
While it’s been an unusual 2020 so far, we remain encouraged by the enthusiasm of donors and growing number of Volunteers. All who have remained active throughout our shared hibernation.
For the month of August 2020, we’re looking to build on this energy and lift community spirits by reconnecting and connecting socially, from a safe distance. Whether you live locally in Victoria, across the border, or globally, you’re invited to join us in staying active for a good cause.
So, take to the pedals and the pavement, and help us cover the distance from Melbourne to Namibia – over 11,000km in total. All in the name of raising funds to empower futures and communities in Namibia – one bicycle at a time.
If you’re a regular fitness junkie, or simply looking to contribute to a good cause – you can take part from home or on the go anytime throughout August. Every kilometre you cover with Strava will be logged towards our goal distance.
What: 2020 Pedal for Purpose Virtual Challenge Ride Event
When: 1st August – 31st August 2020
Where: Virtually event using Strava to track distance of all participants. See the join and participation instructions below.
Virtual Challenge Sponsors & Prizes
For all Bicycles for Humanity Melbourne Strava club members and participants, there are 9 spoke-tacular prizes up for grabs thanks to our incredible sponsors and good friends at Knog and the Bicycle Superstore.
Knog Prize Pack 1 – Value $134.90
Blinder Mini Niner Twinpack – $74.95
Oi Luxe Bell – $59.95
Knog Prize Pack 2 – Value $129.90
Oi Classic Bell – $29.99
Cobber Mid Rear – $105
Knog Prize Pack 3 – Value $114.95
Oi Luxe Bell – $59.95
Plus Twinpack – $54.99
Bicycle Super Store
2 x $50 Bicycle Super Store gift voucher (1 voucher per winner)
2 x $35 Bicycle Super Store gift voucher (1 voucher per winner)
2 x $20 Bicycle Super Store gift voucher (1 voucher per winner)
Bicycle Superstore Strava Riding Club
If you are already a Strava member and interested in joining our long time supporter Bicycles Superstore’s Strava riding club you can using this link:
Join and Participate in the Virtual Challenge Event
All you have to do to join, participate and donate in this Pedal for Purpose Virtual Challenge is by following these 5 steps:
1. Download the Strava mobile app on your smart phone.
2. Use this link to join the Bicycles for Humanity Melbourne Strava Cycling Club
3. Join others Pedalling for Purpose in the Virtual Challenge by riding, walking, moving and tracking your Kilometres as a member of our Bicycles for Humanity Strava Cycling Club.
4. Follow the prompts to donate via MyCause
5. Share the love and spread the word on Social Media using the hashtag: #B4HVirtualChallenge
In the name of funding futures, we welcome all participants who join the challenge to make a donation and/or call on friends and family to join the distance and support our annual fundraiser. Just $20 is enough to send a donated bicycle to Africa — and it’s tax deductible.
If you can’t join us from 1st August, you can join and participate anytime throughout August and help us reach our target kilometers and fundraising.
Are you a Strava member?
If you are already a Strava member, use this link to join our Bicycles For Humanity Melbourne Srava Cycling Club.
If you are not already a Strava member, you can sign up when use this link to join the Bicycles for Humanity Melbourne Strava Cycling Club.
Follow the progress of our Bicycles for Humanity Melbourne Strava club’s members’ progress:
Virtual Challenge Event Donations
Donating $20 will send 1 bicycle to Africa to help support and empower local communities in Namibia through our local partners.
Donate directly to our 2020 Pedal for Purpose Virtual Challenge Event and fundraiser using your preferred payment method below:
Donate via MyCause
2020 Pedal for Purpose Virtual Challenge Event Donation Form
Donate via Direct Bank Transfer
Donation Amount: $20+
Name: Bicycles For Humanity Melbourne
Reference: “Pedal for Purpose”
Donate via PayPal
Use your debit or credit card to donate to Bicycles for Humanity Melbourne via PayPal
Virtual Challenge Event Terms & Conditions
Bicycles For Humanity Melbourne is a not-for-profit organisation registered in the State of Victoria, Australia under the Association Incorporations Act. (ABN 64 536 981 955) and is the organiser of Pedal for Purpose Virtual Challenge 2020.
Pedal for Purpose Virtual Challenge 2020 (“The Event”) is an event open to everyone and is not restricted by jurisdiction or territory. The event is open from 1 August 2020, and closes on 31 August 2020.
The Event is conducted by Bicycles For Humanity, Melbourne. Any use of the event name, content, logos and/or visible images without permission by Bicycles For Humanity, Melbourne, is strictly forbidden.
The Event is a promotional campaign and is intended to:
- encourage participation in safe and responsible cycling, with knowledge and skills,
- encourage cycling as an individual past-time and lifestyle choice,
- increase the awareness of sustainability in recycling bicycles, and
- increase the awareness of Bicycles For Humanity’s principal objectives and cause.
The organiser provides a platform for participation in The Event only, and participants in The Event are advised to observe the following:
- The organiser is not responsible for participants’ equipment choice, route choice or health status. Participants and other users of the information provided for The Event are recommended to:
a. consult a health professional before embarking on any program of physical exercise;
b. seek advice on the suitability and safety of equipment that is intended to be used in The Challenge;
c. consider safety messages and tips to ensure that they ride responsibly for their own and others safety and courtesy.
- The organiser does not provide specific or recommendations for cycling routes and pathways, but recommends that participants and other users of the information, undertake to research and examine a range of credible sources to find and determine additional information relevant for their individual cycling routes and pathways suitable to their own abilities and safety. The organiser takes no responsibility in participants’ choice of cycling routes or pathways.
- The Event is not a competition, and participants are asked to ride whatever distance they are comfortable riding in their desired location.
- Participants are not required to donate money but there is an option to donate as part of the event
- Prizes are awarded to participants randomly chosen from those who upload images of their ride to any social media platform, tagging Bicycles for Humanity. The details of prizes and the specification of any inclusions or equipment stand at the time of publication and may be subject to availability.
- The organiser may from time to time, introduce additional awards, prizes and additional rewards for participants of The Event, the conditions for which will be indicated at the time of introduction.
- The organiser reserves the right to refuse acceptance or cancel registration of any individual or entity to The Event. The organiser also seeks the cooperation of participants to demonstrate when requested, their legal authorisation to enter The Event; failure to comply or to fulfill the request adequately may result in cancellation of their application to The Event.
- The organiser provides no warranty on equipment supplied or referred to, and participants should address any enquiries relating to the use or defect of equipment to the respective manufacturer, distributor or official selling agent of such equipment.