Bicycles for Humanity – Solar Charged Raffle Winners Announced
Thank you to everyone who participated in our solar charged raffle competition.
We sold 294 raffle tickets and raised $2,395!
The funds raised will be used to train two people in one of our workshops in Namibia to be able to convert donated bicycles into solar powered e-bikes. They will be supplied with the 2 kits for this conversion and time the kits include a solar powered recharging station for each bike. The hope is that they will use these bikes for specific entrepreneurial activities so that they can increase the income for the shops (e.g. e-taxis) and then possibly investing in more e-bike kits as needed.
Congratulations to our Solar Charged Raffle prize winners:
• 1st prize: Intrepid Travel Cycle Vietnam Trip – Roland Williams
• 2nd prize: Verve Portraits Photo Shoot – Brenton Wade
• 3rd prize: Blessed By Nature Australia Hamper – Karen Short
• 4th prize: Knog Bicycle Light Pack – Hannah Bevan
• 5th prize: @BicycleNetwork Riding Pack – Ryan Levin